With a rapid increase in the usage of mobile equipments, multiple security problems are introduced too. Unfortunately the attacks are no longer limited just to the web services, but can also happen for mobile device's operating system and the application stack running on it.
In cyber security world, it is a myth that installing firewall makes you secure. Well, it is true to some extent but only when the firewalls are properly configured. In most cases, it has been found that firewalls are running with default configurations which make it highly susceptible to the vulnerabilities and attacks. Firewall configuration audit service is comprised of the following steps:
- Understand company's business and security risk
- Study LAN and WAN network and various application dependencies
- Download firewall configuration file.
- Based on the security risk requirement, assess and fix problems and reconfigure
- Perform detailed vulnerability analysis to ensure that new rules dont expose any further problems
- Do above for industry standard requirements such as ISO, PCI-DSS, HIPAA etc.
What you get?
You get a detailed analysis report that shows the previous set of problems and the updates which fix it. It also provides you with a certifying letter that the firewall configuration is compliant with the standards. The report also contains an overview of the task and a set of recommendations to be followed by the customer.